My family is going on a winter vacay to the beach next week - me, my sweet hubby, the Child, my mama, my sister, and Doctor Brother and his wife and brood.
And it just so happens that our vacation house is three hours away from Tallahasse. Where M lives. See where I'm going with this?
So instead of driving back to Louisiana after vacay, I'll head to Tally to spend two whole weeks with M working on the book!
Oh, we have so much planned - watching classic 80s movies into the wee hours of the morn, imbibling a strawberry daiquiri or three, bar hopping. Wait, that was what we'd have done 20 years ago.
Times, they have changed,
Here are some of our goals (Let's do a subtitle in a pretty color this time. Ya know, I'm just in the mood for it.)
L.M. Gautreaux's Winter Writing Workshop
- Complete rewrite of Moonlight Call
- Complete final edit of Moonlight Call
- Finalize the cover with our talented and very patient cover artist, Scarlett Rugers
- Set a date with our formatter
- Outline Book Two
- Pick another project in a different series and outline it
- Develop ideas for 2 short stories in the Southern Sass series
- Develop a launch plan for Moonlight Call
- Business stuff like setting up our LLC and opening our bank account
- Planning a tentative production schedule for the year
- Talk about promotions and marketing and stuff like that
- Set up our mailing list
- Set up our KDP and CreateSpace accounts
Now of course, M's business commitments and my health will have an impact on our output. She's a busy little bee, and the travelling will be hard on me, no doubt. But we'll have 13 whole days in the same space to hammer out some words and get our writing business on its feet.
At the very least, I will come home with a completed manuscript ready to be formatted and uploaded to Amazon.
I'm also hoping to pin M to the computer and make her write a blog. We'll see how that goes. In the meantime, I'm preparing a few posts that will go up while I'm on vacay and then working. So no worries, our loyal readership, you will get your weekly dose of Southern Sass!
P.S. We leave on Sunday. Whoop! That means only 4 days until departure and 10 days until I'm with M!